Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Big Seven


It's corny.  It's overdone.  It's a big task.  "What is this girl talking about?" you're probably wondering.  Well I'm writing this post to tell you I'm going to be starting my first ever series of posts!  I plan on covering the Seven Deadly Sins: defining what they are, how they sneak into everyday life, and ways you can cope with them.


Now I'm obviously not a priest, theologian, or anything of the sort.  I'm just a regular person living life like everyone else.  I'm a sinner, I'm not perfect, and I definitely don't have all the answers.  But lately sins have been weighing on my mind as I approach my first confession as part of the RCIA program.  (You can expect to see a post on RCIA after I've completed it, so that I can pass along the full story)

Sin is part of everyday living, and it is up to us to find a way to reconcile ourselves to God.  Whatever your preferred method of Reconciliation, it is important to seek the Lord's forgiveness when we sin against Him.  I know that I have always been the type of person to feel guilt over many things that I had done wrong in my life, and it is such a relief to me to be able to in some way tell God that I am sorry for what I have done and that I intend to do better.

So for the next seven weeks, I'll be going over the big bad Seven Sins that are part of our everyday lives.  I'll also just hit on sin in general (because we're all human, and human=sinner) and how we can get around it.  Now, everyone is different and not every one of the Seven will apply to your life.  I'm no different, I'm guilty of some of these but less so of others.  But blogs are designed to share information, and I plan on sharing what I know so that I can help you all to help yourselves on your own life journeys.  Because that's what friends do, they help each other.

So stay tuned for the next few weeks.  It's sure to be a wild ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment